Saturday, November 27, 2010

Six Sentences Sunday

This is my first time sharing, and I'm so excited. Here goes...

THE SWEATER CURSE
*
Leanne Dyck
*
Prologue
*
This isn't Heaven. It isn't Hell. And I'm not alive.
*
Picture this: a bus stop, tons of people packed into the same small space all waiting to continue their journey. Many buses stop here. Some passengers get off, others get on. Young children with sickly white complexions huddle together in the shelter. Teenagers with rope burns around their necks get off the bus. Old men with bullet holes climb on.
*
To be continued next Sunday.
*
*
Next post: Meet Knitwear Designer Rosemary Hill

17 comments:

lisafoxromance said...

Wow, what a great opening!

Pippa Jay said...

Thanks for sharing. This left me with chills.

laynap said...

What an intriguing post! Welcome to Six Sunday. Can't wait to see what you post next.

heatherthurmeier said...

Can't wait to read what you have for us next week!

Jessica Subject said...

Great description. It's not a place I want to go.

The Book Blogger said...

ok, thats good!
Kerrianne

Leanne Dyck said...

Wow, thank you so much everyone. I feel like I've found a very supportive environment in which to share. All the best, Leanne

Marie Dees said...

Oh, I love this idea! And the title is perfect!

Dee Carney said...

Intriguing!

Christa Paige said...

Dang that would be one surreal bus ride.

Welcome to 6 Sunday. Looking forward to more of this.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Well, hell.

Oh. Wait.

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday. Intriguing start!

Eve Cassidy said...

Great first line!

Jayel Kaye said...

Great intro to your debut. Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday.

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Marie Dees. I heard about the curse and was inspired.

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I enjoyed visiting your blogs as well.

Lex Valentine said...

Oooh, creepy stuff!

Silk Labyrinth said...

I had to re-read the last sentence because it was totally unexpected. I love that!!! I really want to read more.